Welcome Home Hoyas
The GU Women's Center is committed to partnering with our alumni/ae and to collaborate in a variety of ways that will benefit the entire Georgetown community. We provide a Women's Center and WAGE Open House during homecoming weekend, events and networking opportunities at John Carroll Weekend and an open house for Reunion. During the last two years we have partnered with GU AA and Alumni Career Services to host a Women's Leadership Alumnae dinner during winter leadership weekend. We are appreciative of financial and resource support that our alumni/ae have provided us that directly benefits our students and University community.
Beyond annual alumni/ae events, The GU WC has brought back alums to speak with current students, faculty and staff about their experiences both on and off the Hilltop. Many alums are currently mentoring junior and senior women for our WAGE fellowship program. We look to expand upon our engagement with Hoya alums and invite you to be a part of the programming, events and education happening at the GU Women's Center.
If you have questions or want to get involved in the Center please email Laura Kovach.
GU WOMEN'S CENTER: THE NEXT 25 YEARS & BEYOND
The GU Women's Center is currently seeking support to enhance and expand current programs, services and resources for our students, faculty, staff and alumnae/i. Your financial contribution will support the following programs:
- The WAGE (Women Advancing Gender Equity) Fellowship – Student Leadership Program
- Women’s leadership retreat for main campus students (Beginning Fall 2016)
- Women’s Center Speaker Series: Ability to provide dynamic speakers for our campus community that include distinguished alums, national leaders, scholars, activists and organizers to address issues of concern to women. Previous speakers include Lily Ledbetter, Honorable Marissa Demeo and Zerlina Maxwell.
- Travel support for student leaders to attend national conferences and to visit students at the GU Women’s Center-Q in Doha, Qatar.
- Support ongoing programs such as Women’s History Month, the Feminist Roundtable and other speakers
WHAT YOUR GENEROSITY MEANS TO US
- You are helping to sustain a space for students that provide resources and education.
- You are helping to create an enriched experience for our students by providing them leadership, mentorship and networking opportunities.
- You are helping us to celebrate all of our Hoyas and their many and varied accomplishments.
- You are investing in our work of cura personalis (Care of the Person) as we support the growth and development of student’s identities and celebrating our community in diversity.
You may make a donation online by going to the Office of Advancement, and by designating your funds to the GU Women's Center. If you are donating to the WAGE program please designate your funds to WAGE/GU Women's Center. We thank you for your continued support of the GU Women's Center and we can't wait to see you on the Hilltop!
GU Women's Center Alumnae Mailing List
Would you like to know more about the GU WC and events happening throughout the year? Then sign up for our mailing list. Please email our office with your name, school, graduation year and if you volunteered or worked in the Women's Center.